ZEPOST Logistics Support :: Extensive Pincode Coverage and Lowest Logistics Rates for eCommerce Businesses
Updated on 22nd July 2015
A strong logistics support is the backbone to an e-commerce business.
That’s why every single eCommerce business around the world puts so much emphasis on logistics, from launching one-day delivery models to prophesizing drones delivering products to having their own fleet of delivery chain. Well it’s about time for you to pump up your game too!
Unveiling the ZePOST logistics tie-up. Find below all details about the ZePOST logistics service.
Depending on the zone of delivery, the following charges will be applicable.
|Non-COD< Rs5000||All Shipments, COD, Non COD (NO Restrictions||All COD and Non-COD||All COD and Non-COD|
|Weight||Per 500gms||Per 1Kg||Per 500gms||Per 500gms|
|Note: Additional COD Collection Charges are Rs 60 + 14% ST = Rs 68.5 approx|
Details about the Above Charges
- Service Tax = 14%
Volumetric weight is calculated as: length*breadth*height (in cm)/5000.
When considering weight of the product for shipment, the actual weight is compared to the volumetric weight of the product, and the higher is chosen.
Serviceable Area Delivery
For a list of serviceable pin-codes for Non-COD as well as COD delivery, please follow the below link.
Carriage Insurance Coverage
1. If you avail shipment insurance from AVN, then in case of damage or theft,
- AVN insures and repays the full value of the product, if the invoice value of the product is less than Rs. 5000.
- If the invoice value of the product is from Rs. 5001 to Rs. 50000, 0.50% of the invoice value shall be charged, if the customer requests.
2. If you avail shipment insurance from a third party service provider:
- In case of damage or theft, the Certificate of Fact (or COF) will need to be produced at the time of product shipment.
- And 0.25% is charged on the Invoice Value.
3. The claim settlement process time ranges from 4-15 days.
COD service is provided only in the mentioned pin-codes as per the excel sheet we share with you.
- Pick-up service will be provided for FREE on all days, except Sunday.
- On Saturdays, pick-up is provided for some regions only before cut-off time.
Account & Billing
- AVN A/C will be in the name of Zepo & you would be given separate credentials and dashboard to access your AVN account.
The billing & COD remittance cycle is as follows:– For all the shipments that are delivered between 1st & 15th of a particular month, the reports will be shared by the 15th of the following month.– For all the shipments that are delivered between 16th & 30th/31st of a particular month, the reports will be shared by the 30th/31st of the following month.Once you confirm the reports, the payment will be settled in 2-5 working days.
Refundable Security Deposit
- Every customer is required to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs. 2000.
- The amount is completely refundable for the customer, if they wish to discontinue the logistics services.
This helps us ensure that seamless service is provided to you . Please refer to this blog for a detailed explanation. What is Refundable Deposit – The Blog.
Understanding Delivery Regional Zones
- Zone 1 = Intra-City: Pick-up & delivery within your own city.
- Zone 2 = Intra-Region: Pick-up & delivery within your own region (north / east / west / south / north-east).
- Zone 3 = Other Metros: Pickup from your city to any metro (other than yours, in case).
- Zone 4 = Inter-Region: Pick-up from one region & delivery in another region (north / east / west / south / north-east).
- Zone 5 = North-East: Pick-up from any 4 other regions (north / east / west / south) & delivery in north-east.
Understanding Service Package types
There are basically 3 service package types provided by AVN logistics.
Priority service is an express service only offered by FedEx for Non-COD shipments with invoice Value <Rs 5000. The rate will be calculated in 500 gms slabs.
For Zone 1:
- For package weighing less than 500 gms, the cost will be = Rs 41.
- For package weight ( 750 gms) between 500 gms and 1kg , the cost will be = Rs 41*2 = Rs 82
- For package weight of 1.3 kg, the cost will be = Rs 41*3 = Rs 123
Standard service is offered by FedEx, Gati, Aramex and Delhivey for COD and Non-COD shipments
All COD shipments and Non- COD shipments with invoice value> Rs 5000. Rates are calculated on a per kg bases. For Example:
For Zone 1
- For a 1 kg package the total shipping charges will be = Rs 53 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 119.5 for COD shipments.
- For a 1.2 kg package, the total shipping charges will be = Rs 53*2 = Rs 106 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 171.5 for COD shipments.
* So if you have a Non-COD package above 1 kg standard will be a better option as , a 1.2 kg Non-COD with Priority = Rs 41*3= Rs 123
b. Aramex and Delhivery
All COD shipments and Non- COD shipments. Rates are calculated on a per 500 gm bases. For Example,
For Zone 1
- For a 400 gms package the total shipping charges will be = Rs 45 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 115.5 for COD shipments.
- For a 700 gms package, the total shipping charges will be = Rs 45*2 = Rs 90 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 159.5 for COD shipments.
Note: For Aramex and Delhivery, cash handling charges of Rs 67.5 (approx.) or 2% of invoice value (whichever is higher) is applicable for every COD shipment.
3) Economy: For surface shipping ( Only offered by FedEx) the minimum chargeable weight is 10 kgs. Find the rates according to the zones in the table below.
1. The rates mentioned above are inclusive of Fuel Surcharge @ 45% and Service Tax @ 14 %.
2. For surface shipping only the shipment destination matters and not the origin.
3. For every shipment, the actual weight is measured and the volumetric weight (L*B*H/4750) is calculated. Whichever is higher will be applicable.
Example: For West 1 Zone
- For a 9 kg package, total shipping charges = Rs 200 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 267.5 (approx.) for COD shipments.
- For a 12 kg, package, total shipping charges = 200 + (20*2) = 240 for Non-COD shipments and Rs 307.5 (approx.) for COD shipments.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ZePOST logistics support, please feel free to get in touch with us. And we’ll do our very best to help you along.
Think logistic arrangements are very cumbersome? Well, worry no more. Give Zepo a try and deliver through out the country easily and efficiently.