Ways to Increase Online Sales
You have already managed to successfully complete one uphill task of opening an online store. And the journey has been fun! You’ve done great so far and seen good response on your store. But wouldn’t it be great to drive better traffic and boost your sales?
Opening up an online store is not enough. You have to let the world know about it.
Sadly, shouting from rooftops isn’t possible! But there are other ways. And trust us, it is not all that difficult. We are going to take you through a list of ways that will help you to get a word out about your brand. And also help you to increase sales on your online stores.
But there is a slight hiccup. It is a rather exhaustive list, so to make it easier for you, we’ve categorized it into 3 major sections.
- Send out regular newsletters
- List on other marketplace sites
- Distribute Gift Vouchers / Discount Coupons
- Write a Blog for your business & about what interests your target audience
- Use Social Media
- List on Product Comparison sites
- Promote Offline at every possible place
- Optimize for Search Engines
- Get Featured on other blogs
- Paid Online Advertisements
- Run referral programs and promotional drives
- Advertise with affiliate ad networks
- Advertise on Facebook & apply for free $50 ad coupon for small businesses
- Loyalty Programs
- Include vouchers and discounts in your shipments
- Use and create discount coupons on your Zepo dashboard
- Effectively use banners to promote your store
- Run promotional sale & discount campaigns regularly
- Offer free shipping
- Make it personal
- Re-market to keep yourself visible
- Run a deal every day
- Use WebEngage notifications to push your products
- Run promotions (with WebEngage) on your checkout page to reduce abandoned carts
- Run regular offline marketing programs
- Upload great looking product photos
- Write better product descriptions
- Use “You may also like”
- Mark your featured products
- SEO optimized static pages
- Create email signup forms on your store to always keep in touch with your customers
- Link back to your online store
- Allow customer comments / reviews
- Optimize your banners
- Use WebEngage feedback feature on your Zepo dashboard
- Integrate Zopim’s Live Chat for your online store
Now let us get into the detail of each trick & tip- click on the section links to read in brief about each point mentioned. We will keep writing a detailed post about each point in the 3 sections, elaborating on each and adding tutorials wherever necessary. So you can subscribe to the blog to keep yourself updated about every new post in this series that gets published.
For some great tips on how to go about marketing your products online, please do check out this Infographic by unbounce.com.
It will be a one stop guide for you for everything from social media marketing to lead generation to pay per click. Do check it out.
The Noob Guide to Online Marketing
Do you have any products or product ideas which you would like to take online? Give Zepo a try and start your online store in the next 5 mins. With access to multiple resources and features, managing an online store has never been easier.