Looking for The UI Developer @ Zepo
At Zepo we’re working hard to simplify e-commerce for small businesses in India.
We’re looking to add a UI Developer to our team that is up to this challenge. Do you have a track record of building good web interfaces from scratch? With 1500+ e-commerce sites using our platform, and hundreds of thousands of customers on their sites, your ideas and designs will be viewed by a large number of users. We’re seeking someone who pays exceptional attention to detail and has a passion for creating attractive and functional online experiences.
Most of our clients are some really creative artists, designers, fresh grads out of NIFT / NID, startup entrepreneurs, etc. It is super-fun and amazing learning experience to build designs, closely working with such creativity & energy all around.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 1-2 year of experience designing / coding Websites and User Interfaces
- Expert knowledge of XHTML, HTML, HTML5, CSS2, CSS3.
- Ability to hand-craft HTML,CSS.
- Must be able to take Photoshop PSDs and convert them into working cross browser and cross resolution html in minimal time.
- Good understanding of css normalization, moderizer and media queries.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues and how to prevent and resolve them.
- Good experience in using web developer browser tools / firebug etc to detect front-end coding issues and troubleshoot them.
- Strong understanding of UI design principles
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering effective web-based prototypes under tight time constraints required.
- Ability to write reusable code for UI components required.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment .
- Passionate about building / ideating products.
- We strongly believe that good design is as little design as possible. Our design philosophy has always been a mix of simplicity, minimalist yet appealing.
What is expected from you?
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Should have the ability to continuously create mind blowing themes for online stores
- Conceptualize low fidelity wireframes and mockups using Balsamiq/Photoshop.
- A solid understanding of grid layouts, color, web typography and fonts in interface/graphic design.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail: Create pixel-perfect marketing illustrations, promotional banner graphics, microsites and icons for the print and web as needed
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop
- Some experience with designing newsletters
Good to haves but not necessary:
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 is a plus.
- Good understanding of user-centered design/ human factors.
- Good understanding of Responsive Design – fluid layouts
- Good understanding of Ajax programming
- Basic knowledge of Illustrator, Dreamweaver, CorelDraw
- Ability to create animated GIFs
If this is you, share your work and share your thoughts. Please share your design portfolio with some examples of graphic design, interaction design, pixel-perfect icon/illustrations work and clear visuals.
You can mail your portfolio at email@example.com