How-to Create and Customize Newsletter Subscription Form using MailChimp for your Online Store
The easiest way to keep in touch with your visitors & customers is through newsletters! But from where do you get an email list? Simple. Just create an email subscription form and let them sign up with their email ids. Now you have an entire email list of interested visitors! Much like a guest book you keep in your shop. Anyone leaving, just drops in their contact details to be updated.
More than that, it is also a sure shot way to increase your online sales. Once you have your visitors email ids, you can always keep them posted about new products, ongoing or upcoming sales, events, etc.
And now you can create and customize email signup forms for your Zepo powered online store. How? Let’s have a look at it.
1. Login if you already have a MailChimp Account or Sign Up for a new one.
You will need to create a list on MailChimp to collect all the email ids of your subscribers. If you haven’t created a list already, you can create one now, using “Create List”.
3. As you can see, we have already created a list called “Online Store Subscription”. Moving on to creating a subscription form for this list. Click on the Drop Down menu at the right hand corner of the list box click on “Signup Forms”.
4. Once on the Signup Forms Page, choose “Embedded Forms” to create the subscription form for your online store.
5. So this is how the page looks like. The area inside the blue box shows you a preview of how the subscription box will look like on your store. You have the liberty to edit the form according to your choice.
6. To edit the form, use the “Form Options” on the left side. Write your own title for the form. For ex: “Get the Latest News!”. Make sure you keep it short and not write a very long sentence.
Leave the “Set Form Width” column blank. The form’s width will readjust itself according to the theme you are using for your online store. You can also add new fields by clicking on the “form builder” button under “Form Options”. Once you add the fields, you can come back to the previous screen by clicking the back button on your web browser.
7. Once you are satisfied with the way it looks, scroll down and copy the code present in the blue box.
8. Then head on to your Zepo dashboard’s Advanced Features section. Under the feature titled “MailChimp Email Subscription Form” paste the embed code in the text box on the left hand side. And then click Save.
9. This is how the subscription box will finally look like, in different layouts.
A. Layout 1
B. Layout 2
C. Layout 3
Are you still debating whether you should start your own online store? Give Zepo a try and start your online store in the next 5 mins.