The Beginner’s Guide To Creating An Affiliate Ecommerce Store
Starting an affiliate eCommerce store is one of the best ways to make money online without actually doing a lot of work. The way these stores make money is by promoting someone else’s product on their website and earning a commission. Not only is the process simple, but it’s also very profitable.
According to statistics, affiliate marketing accounts for 15% of all digital media revenue, and well-crafted affiliate marketing programs can boost revenue by 30%. It is also one of the largest sources of online income, so you can be sure that you will be able to make a profit.
However, if you’re just starting out as an affiliate, you might not be completely aware of how to run your eCommerce store. Here are some tips on how you can run it successfully.
Register a domain name
Some people don’t realize the importance of a good domain name. The name you choose is actually a crucial factor in the success of your website.
Most people know domains as URLs. This is the address your website has on the internet. When people visit your website, the first thing they notice is the URL and this will instantly make a first impression of your business. Luckily, whether that’s a good or a bad first impression is up to you.
Here are some things common to the most successful domain names:
- The .com extension. Most websites you visit probably have this extension. In fact, 42.48% of all domains end in .com. This is your best option for a domain extension, as people tend to remember and have more trust in domains that end in .com.
- The right length. Long domain names can be disastrous for any website. The ideal length is between 6 and 14 characters. A short domain name is more memorable, leaves less room for mistakes, and improves overall user experience.
- SEO-friendliness. One thing some people forget when they think about SEO is how their domain name influences their search engine ranking. If you include keywords related to your niche in the name, it will help boost your SEO while also showing visitors the purpose of your website.
But don’t think will have to spend a fortune on a good domain name. In fact, it’s possible to register the cheapest domain names for a small price that are still high-quality. This way, you’ll have the best of both worlds.
Know your audience
As an affiliate eCommerce store, you have the option of promoting any type of product or service. However, the key to having a successful affiliate store is to know what your audience wants and needs to buy. After all, a product that can appeal to anyone and everyone is not really a good product.
A certain type of people visit your website and you need to know who they are. Consider why these people are coming to your website and what they want to see. You will find success only if you promote the type of products they want to purchase.
If you want to understand your prospects better, you need to seek out information about them. This means you will have to learn about their interests, behavior patterns, and demographics. If you fail to do this, you will also be unable to create customer loyalty.
There are two important things you need to do:
- Create customer profiles. Look at your current customer base, observe how they think and behave, and collect information on certain demographics. Demographics that are important for customer profiling include age, gender, geographical location, and income level.
- Know your audience’s pain points. The most efficient way of making a profit through an affiliate store is by promoting products that can solve your customers’ problems or so-called pain points. Once you know what these are, it will be easy to include affiliated products your target audience may be interested in.
Understand the importance of content
You can’t just include links to the products or services you’re promoting to your website and just hope that your prospect will purchase them. Those links need to be embedded in compelling and high-quality content that will promote the product/service and highlight all of its benefits.
The content you write is the foundation of your website, and without helpful and valuable content, people will stop visiting your site. Your goal should be to write content that will cater to affiliate programs naturally.
Here are some tips on writing content that will bring in a lot of sales:
- Be helpful. Take some time to write a detailed review of the product you’re promoting and provide your prospects with helpful and useful information. After your audience reads this type of content, they will become interested in the product. Luckily for them, an affiliate link will take them right where they need to be to purchase it.
- Be transparent. There is no need to hide from your audience the fact you have affiliate links in your content. If you are honest with them, you will be able to build a loyal customer base that will be happy to use your affiliate links.
- Update old content. While you’re writing new content, don’t forget about the old. Re-visit old content every once in a while to update it with new information and relevant changes. That way, even old content will be able to make money if a prospect comes across it.
Include Amazon affiliate links
Anyone who has ever shopped online has probably bought something from Amazon at least once. It is the largest and most popular eCommerce store in the world, and its popularity is impossible to dispute.
It is also a trusted brand, as a survey has shown that 89% of buyers agree they’re more likely to buy products from Amazon than any other eCommerce website. That is why you should join the Amazon affiliate program, and include their links on your website.
One of the biggest benefits you will have if you join this program is the large number of products you will be able to promote. Thanks to Amazon’s broad range of products, it will be easy to pick the products that will appeal to your target audience.
It’s very easy to join Amazon’s affiliate program and anyone can do it. And if you created your website with WordPress, you can use Amazon affiliate WordPress plugins and make the process even easier.
Install live chat
Some eCommerce websites have a great web design and sell amazing products, but it seems like they keep losing customers. Driving traffic to your website might be hard, but it’s even harder to make people stay. And one of the biggest reasons for customer dissatisfaction is poor customer support.
Some forms of customer support just aren’t enough for impatient customers who want their answers right away. Some people simply can’t wait for a response to an email they sent or spend hours on the phone so they can talk to someone from your company.
That’s where live chat comes in.
According to live chat stats, live chat has the highest satisfaction level for any customer service channel, recording the figures from 73% to 81%.
It also has a lot of benefits, some of which include:
- reduced bounce rate
- improved customer service
- increase in conversions and sales
- keeping track of visitor’s activities
- collecting feedback from customers
Making money from an affiliate eCommerce store can be very easy, but only if you know what steps to take. The amount of money you make will mainly depend on you, and it can be in the range from a few dollars all the way to a few thousand dollars per month.
As long as you have a good website with quality content and loyal customers, your profit will just keep growing. And all this because you simply added links to someone else’s products or services.